The Department of BMM organised the following activities in December 2019 and January 2020 for its Students:
• Workshop on “Photography” and Studio Visit — On December 8, 2019, a workshop was organised for the Department Students who wished to make a career in photography. The speaker was industry expert and professional Mr. Rahul Gupte, who spoke about various techniques for effective photography. This was followed up with a visit to a studio on January 24, 2020, which was attended by 26 Students. Here, Students were familiarised with such aspects as use of lights, camera
• Media Manch 2019 — On December 10, 2019, a panel discussion and social awareness drive, “Media Manch”, was organised to sensitise Students to the violation of human rights in light of Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code. The panel comprised Social Activist Ms. Priya Patil, Fashion Blogger, Mr. Yogesh Shetty, Bombay High Court Advocate Rohan Bansal, Journalist (Mumbai Mirror) Mr. Vinay Arote, and Psychologist Mr. Aman Bhosle. Through the discussion Students were made aware of the plight of a reviled section of society, and the ways to integrate them into the
• Guest lecture on “Digital Literacy” — On December 11, 2019, a guest lecture on “Digital Literacy” was conducted by Mr. Shivam Bansal (Lecturer & Manager, The Indian School of Digital Education), and was attended by 114 Students. Mr. Bansal explained the concept of digital media and its impact on consumers’ spending pattern
• Guest lecture on “SAP — Systems, Applications, Products in Data Processing” — On December 11, 2019, Mr. Vasant Sawant (Trainer, SAP), spoke to 209 Students on “SAP — Systems, Applications, Products in Data Processing”. Mr. Sawant explained SAP, its applicability, and its relevance to Students of BMM. He also discussed the concept of digital processing and its importance in designing crucial business strategies.
• Industrial Visit to Khajuraho — Between January 13 and 18, 2020, 60 Students of the Department were taken on an Industrial Visit to Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh. Declared a world heritage site by UNESCO, Khajuraho is a rich source of information on cultural studies, history and visual communication. Students found the visit highly beneficial.
• News-reading Workshop at MET — To give Students a detailed insight into the important aspects of a news studio, including news-reading and production work, 30 Students of the Department participated in a workshop on news-reading at the MET Institute of Management, Bandra, on January 22, 2020. Hosted by senior journalist Ms. Kavita Rane, the workshop helped Students to get over their fear of facing the camera.
• Guest lecture on Business Journalism — On January 28, 2020, business journalist Mr. Kushal Mishra spoke to TY Students of Journalism about the important aspects of business journalism. The lecture helped Students to gain an insight into the Corporate Media Industry, and other aspects such as the impact of stock market on business journalism. A total of 17 Students attended the lecture.
• Guest lecture for Career Counselling —On January 31, 2020, Mr. Subramani Rajgopal spoke to 76 SY and TY Students of the Department about how to choose the area of specialisation so as to enhance their career prospects. As Mr. Rajgopal has more than 10 years of experience in the advertising industry and also provides internships to Students, he was an apt person to speak on this subject. Students gained an insight into the industry and benefited greatly from the lecture.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE