The Department of Hospitality Studies organised the following online programmes for its Students:
• On May 20, 2020, a Bartending session on “Mixology” was organised. The speaker was Mr. Pankaj Kamble,who is the Youngest Bartender to hold the Guinness World Record for Maximum Cocktail Flair. He is also the co-founder of Flair-o-logy Bar School.
Mr. Kamble spoke about the different methods of making cocktails such as, Blending, Stirring, Shaking, Muddling, Built-Up, and Layered. In addition, Mr. Kamble spoke about the new cocktail culture, current global bar trends, the basics of Flair Bartending, and also discussed such aspects as making eco-friendly straws. Finally, Mr. Kamble ended the session by preparing a Daiquiri-based cocktail.
A total of 89 Students attended the session.
• On May 26, 2020, a Government-Approved FSSAI Training session on “Covid-19: Guidelines for Food Handlers” was organised, and was attended by 159 Students. The speaker, Mr. Deepak Kumar, CEO, FSSAI, spoke on the symptoms of Covid-19 and basic ways to avoid the spread of Covid-19. Mr. Kumar explained the difference in food handling strategies, before and in the post-pandemic times, and also spoke of such aspects as how long the virus survives on different surfaces. He also discussed the importance of personal hygiene, social distancing, and of wearing masks and gloves, especially for food handlers.
• On May 30, 2020, a Webinar on “New Paradigms, New Skills Set and Approach for Young Hoteliers Post-Covid 19” was organised. The speaker was Mr. Manoj Chaudhary,Human Resource Manager, pre-opening property Courtyard Nashik. He spoke on the views and assumptions of people, the challenges the hospitality industry will have to face post Covid-19, and the new procedures and methods that will be required in future.
A total of 100 students attended the session.
• On June 1, 2020, a Bartending session on “Basics of Bartending” was organised, and was attended by 107 Students. The speaker was Mr. Harish Acharekar,Trade Ambassador, Bacardi India, and certified Sommelier from the Court of Master Sommeliers. Mr. Acharekar spoke about the basic techniques of the bartender’s craft, and even such aspects as the different glasses used for various drinks, the garnish and the fruits used, and themixing quantity rules. Going beyond this, Mr. Acharekar also stressed the duties and responsibilities of bartenders, and provided a list of reference books on bartending. He concluded his session by providing recipes of some cocktails such as Tom Collins and Cosmopolitan, and finally by answering Students’ questions.
• On June 7, 2020, a Bakery session on “Vegan Desserts and Ice Cream” was organised. It was attended by 127 Students.Chef Shreyas Gharat, Sous Chef at Le Meridian, Mahabaleshwar,was the resource person. He spoke about vegan products, and how to make vegan desserts and ice creams. He also demonstrated the preparation of the famous Austrian dessert Linzer Torte using vegan ingredients such as soy milk, coconut milk, almond flour, raspberry jam, etc., and a vegan ice cream using coconut milk. He finally demonstrated plating by showing how to plate the dessert.
• On June 20, 2020, a Bartending session on “Why Bartending is the Next Big Thing and How to Grab the Opportunity” was organised, and was attended by 130 Students. The speaker was Mr. Pankaj Kamble,the Youngest Bartender to hold the Guinness World Record for Maximum Cocktail Flair. He is also the co-founder of Flair-o-logy Bar School.
Mr. Kamble spoke to Students about being creative and how to do ‘Flair’ by using various techniques. He discussed various strategies to utilise the lockdown, and discussed marketing strategies and the current market value of the field of Hospitality.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE