The Department of Microbiology organized the following activities for its Students in the first semester of 2017-18:
• On September 15, 2017, 25 FY Students were taken on an excursion to the ‘Sanjay Gandhi National Park’ at Borivali, to observe the rich flora and fauna of the area. The group was accompanied by two faculty members from the Department of Zoology.
• On September 23, 2017, 20 SY Students were taken to an exhibition on ‘Solid Waste Management’ organized by the BHRIHAN MUMBAI MAHANAGAR PALIKA at the Nesco Grounds, Goregaon East. Students visited various stalls where they picked up ideas for management of biodegradable and non- biodegradable waste, as also ways for vermicomposting and composting of organic matter.
• On September 26, 2017, 18 MSc (II) Students attended a lecture on the topic ‘Scope in Pharmaceutical Industry’. The speaker was Mr. Hemant Deshpande, Director, Pollux Life Science Solutions LLP. He spoke to Students about the latest career opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry in the fields of quality control, sales, marketing, drug regulation, and as medical representatives. He also spoke about the training provided by his institute and how a former Student of our College, MS. Aishwarya Kumamekar (Department of Microbiology), having completed this course, had been appointed as Microbial Analyst by Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Hence, Students found the lecture highly beneficial.
• On October 9, 2017, 25 SY Students were taken on a visit to the ‘Versova Waste Water Treatment Facility (WWTF) and Lagoons’.
The Facility’s Junior Engineer and Unit Supervisor, Mr. Manoj Chavan, met the group and explained to them the process of waste water collection and treatment. Students were able to see the process for themselves and thus were able to observe the practical application of what they had studied.
• On October 10, 2017, 19 MSc (II) Students were taken on a visit to ‘Mahananda Dairy’ at Goregaon (E). They were accompanied by Department Faculty Member Ms. Anupama Tomar.
The industry representative, Mr. Ramesh Patil, met the group and accompanied them on a visit to the Departments for testing, processing, packaging and storing of milk.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE