The College Library, named after Shri. Vaman Mangesh Telang, occupies 568 sq. mtrs. of area on the Third floor. There are two well-planned and airyreading rooms for students. One Reading Room is reserved for Teachingstaff members. The stack area andseating for Library Staff,and computer area, are also housed on the Third floor. A well-organised counter for issue and return of books is located near the Library entrance for easy movement and to reduce disturbance to readers. The periodicals are arranged on open racks to provide easy access. New books and periodicals are added on a regular basis and are displayed in the book-cases near the entrance.The Self-Financed Library has a separate reading hall.
The Library has two computers to allow students to accessthe OPAC software for book search.
Library records are maintained using Libsys software. E-Library facility is available for students and staff.
An Orientation Programme, detailing the use of the Library, is conducted at the beginning of each year for First Year students. The College is a member of N-LIST INFLIBNET, and login IDs are provided to Teaching staff members.
The Libraries also run a Book Bank Scheme for financially underprivileged students.
Strict rules govern the use of the College Central Library. Visitors are advised to read and note all the points in the following sections carefully before using the Library.
Points to Note:
· The Library timings are from 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM, from Monday to Saturday. The Library remains closed on Sundays and Government holidays.
· The Library is a NO-MOBILE ZONE.
· Sleeping, eating, socialising and having refreshments inside the Library are strictly prohibited.
· Library books and journals are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Any unauthorised exchange is liable to attract fines and/or punishment.
· Only current Students and Staff of the College can use the Library. No ex-Student or outsiders are allowed to use the Library, unless expressly authorised by the Principal in writing.
· Library users are expected to conduct themselves with decorum and discipline at all times. Any indiscipline in the Library will lead to cancellation of membership and/or serious disciplinary action.
· Students and Staff Members must settle all Library dues to obtain Clearance Certificate from the Library Office on completion of studies/degree or at the time of superannuation.
· Information about newly acquired books is displayed in the New Arrivals Section in the Library.
· Advanced Learners are provided extra reading material in the form of books and NList User Membership facility.
Rules for the Use of the Central Library
Students should read the following rules regarding the use of the Library and should adhere to them without exception.
· Wear ID card at all times.
· Use only their own ID cards. ID cards are NON-TRANSFERABLE and using another Student’s ID is a punishable offence.
· Maintain strict silence in the Reading Room and other areas of the Library.
· Sign the Entry Register before entering the Library.
· Leave their bags on the wooden shelves at the Gate BEFORE entering the Library Reading or Lending sections.
· Read the Library Notices displayed on the Library and General Notice Boards regularly.
· Approach the Librarian in case of any problems or disputes.
· Clear all Library dues in time to obtain Hall Ticket/Admit Card before Semester Examinations.
· Cooperate and interact politely with the Library Staff.
· Take care of the Library reading material and all Library property.
Guidelines for Borrowing Books
· Books will be issued for borrowing only upon producing Library Card.
· Users should return/borrow books in person.
· Books can be borrowed for a duration of 7 days, and may be renewed once for a further period of 7 days.
· Borrowed books should be returned on or before the due date.
· Delay in returning books will attract fines.
· Before leaving the Issuing counter, users are advised to check the condition of the books and report any mutilation to the Library Staff. If not, any damage to the books found thereafter will be the responsibility of the borrower, and proportional damages will have to be paid.
· If books are lost or damaged (including markings made on the pages), borrower must replace the book of same edition or latest edition.
· Hiding or misplacing books are punishable offences.
Guidelines for Use of the Reading Section
· The reading material borrowed from the Reference Counter is for reference only and cannot be taken out of the Library.
· Students will be allowed to make use of reference material (books, dissertations, CDs, back volumes of journals, etc.) in the Library only. They will be required to make an entry in the register kept at the Reading Room Counter and deposit their ID cards with the Staff concerned.
· Users will be allowed a maximum of TWO BOOKS at a time for study in the Reading Room.
· All Reading Room material should be returned in undamaged condition to the Reading Room Counter before reclaiming the ID cards.
· Books should not be placed in the wrong shelves while selecting or after reading.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE