According to the Vision Statement of Chikitsak Samuha’s Sir SitaramandLady Shantabai Patkar College of Arts and Science and V.P. Varde College of Commerce andEconomics, the Collegeaims to“To function as a Centre of education excellence through holistic enrichment of the students for local, industrial, national development and beyond”.Its Mission is to “To develop core human competencies for creating harmonious global community”.
Earnest attemptsare made to fulfil these avowed aims by involving the Students in the organisation and conduct offests, events, seminars and programmes of significance to academic,socio-cultural, and scientific significance, at College, District, State and National levels.
Involving Students in this manner ensures the following:
• Creation of a platform for sharing ideas, skills and knowledge that extend learning beyond the curriculum
• Opportunities for learning valuable soft skills and life skills, such as leadership and teamwork, leading to wholistic development of the Students, and ultimately to their development as valuable resources for nation-building.
With this view, the College and its Departments and Associations organised the various activities during 2018-19. Most of these activities are carried out each year and Students are actively involved in their planning and execution.
The following is a representative list of events:
• PATKARE — In this initiative, Staff and Students make voluntary monetary contributions to extend help to various causes such as relief measures for underprivileged sections of society and senior citizens, and creating environment awareness. This year the activity was conducted in May 2018.
• SKILFUL NETIZEN — Conducted by the Departments of Information Technology and Computer Science between June 13 and 25, 2018, this activity is conducted to teach senior citizens and homemakers from the College vicinity basic computer skills and internet operations.
• School College Complex — A programme that aims to train school students selected for the Homi Bhabha Young Scientist Examination. Staff and senior Students of the Science Departments demonstrate the practicals prescribed for this Examination. This programme was conducted on December 8, 2018.
• JIDNYASA— Conducted on January 4, 2019, this programme aims to provide into to secondary school students about the various careers available in applied sciences.
Inter-collegiate Fests —
• Pragyotsav — Jointly organised by the Departments of BAF and BBI, on December 17, 2018
• ALTIS — Organised by the Department of BMS, on December 18, 2018
• BIOZEST — Jointly organised by the Departments of Biotechnology and Microbiology, on December 19, 2018
• IGNITE — Jointly organised by the Departments of IT and CS, on December 17, 2018
• MEDIATAINMENT — Organised by the Department of BMM, on December 18, 2018
• SILVER SCREEN FILM SOCIETY (SSFS) — Two-day fest, organised by the Department of BMM on September 6 and 7, 2018. Day I was devoted to a workshop on Cinematics, and Day II to ‘Olive Wreath Awards’, a short-film competition.
• SCIMATIX — Organised by the Department of Bioinformatics, to train Students in Bioinformatics’ tools and their application, on January 5, 2019
Memorial Lectures(Arranged in Association with IQAC) —
These lectures are conducted each year in memory of former Staff Members, and are on topics of social relevance:
• Lecture SeriesI — ‘Time to be an Earth Saviour’, a lecture on environment-consciousness, delivered by Dr. Parvish Pandya, on March 18, 2019
• Lecture SeriesII — Lecture on ‘Personality Development and Career’, delivered by Dr. Parvish Pandya (Faculty Member and Director, Maharashtra Academy, Dadar - West), on March 23, 2019
• Lecture SeriesIII — Lecture on ‘Environmental Law and Policy’, delivered by Ms. Aditi Sawant, on February 15, 2019
• SPANDAN — 9th State-level Inter-collegiate Marathi One-Act Play Competition, held on January 8, 2019, at Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Natyagriha, Vile Parle (E).
The College also organised the following significant events in 2018-19:
National-level Events —
• BIOFACET: Exploring the Realms of Biological Sciences — Two-day National Conference, organised on February 15 and 16, 2019, jointly by the Departments of Biotechnology and Microbiology, to inculcate research culture among Students.
• DIGITAL LITERACY: EASE IN LIFESTYLE — One-day National Conference, organised jointly by the Departments of BAF, BBI, BMS and BMM, on February 23, 2019.
International-level Events —
• RESEARCH IN IT: Innovations to Empower — One-day International Seminar, organised by the Department of IT, on January 19, 2019.
• Challenges in Environmental Management— One-day International Conference organised jointly by the Departments of Botany, Chemistry, Physics, and Zoology, on January 24, 2019.
© 2017 Lecture. All Rights Reserved | Design by w3layouts