On June 21, 2019, the College NCC and NSS Units celebrated the 5th International Yoga Day. Principal Dr. Sharmishtha Matkar, A.N.O. Major (Dr.) R. R. Wagh, A.N.O. Capt. (Mrs.) Nilima Prabhu, Hav. R. K. Singh PI Staff (8 Mah Girls BN), Vice Principals Dr. Ramesh Yamgar and Mr. Nivrutti Kumbhar, other College Staff and Students were also present on the occasion.
The Day was celebrated as per the Yoga protocol of the Aayush Mantralaya, Government of India. Yoga sessions were conducted at two venues — College Auditorium and Gymkhana — simultaneously, from 7 am to 8:30 am. Nearly 125 Students participated in the sessions. The sessions began with prayers, followed by performing the various asanas, and also learning their benefits. The importance of Yoga in daily life was also explained to the participants and audience. Participants were offered refreshments at the end of the session.
In addition, 9 Cadets from the Patkar-Varde Girls’ NCC Unit participated in the Yoga session conducted at Marine Drive from 6:30 am to 8 am.
PATKAR-VARDE NCC GIRLS UNIT — 8MAH GIRLS BN NCC
The Cadets of 8 MAH Girls BN NCC participated in the following Camps in June 2019:
• Between June 3 and 12, 2019, 20 Cadets attended the Combined Annual Training Camp — 402, a University-level camp organised under the supervision of Camp Commandant Col.Amit Bhagi, and which was organised at Sonopant Dandekar College, Palghar. Guest lectures were delivered by experienced and eminent personalities on topics such as Leadership skills, Map reading, Stress Management, and Weapons training. Cadets participated in a number of cultural and sports events.
They won the following prizes in the Group Events:
1. Line area competition - 1st prize
2. Group dance (Cultural) – 2nd prize
3. Flag area competition – 1st prize
4. Volley Ball – 1st prize
5. Kho-Kho & Kabaddi – 3rd prize
Among the individual events JUO Yukta Pednekar bagged theBest Camp Senior prize andCDT Bhakti Dharne won the Gold medal in Firing.
• Between June 3 and 14, 2019, the University-level Hospital Attachment Camp was held at INS ASWINI Hospital, Colaba. Cdt. Samiksha Chavanattended this Camp. The training sessions, both theory and practical, were largely conducted in the surgical and paediatric wards. Cadets were given lessons on basic first-aid and home nursing, hygiene and sanitation, physical and mental health, infection and contagious diseases and their prevention. Practical sessions on such aspects as dressing and bandaging wounds, making beds, and managing medical-waste were also conducted by hands-on training and demonstrations. Cadets also learnt how to move a casualty on a stretcher.
• Between June 6 and 15, 2019, the G. V. Mavalankar inter-group shooting competition, which is a State-Level event, held at Chennai. Cdt. Yukta Ranka represented the ‘Mumbai A’ group shooting team.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE