As each year, I take this opportunity to enumerate the achievements of the Staff and Students, who have brought glory to the College. Following the ‘A+’ NAAC Accreditation, UGC and the University of Mumbai conferred Autonomy on the College, which will be implemented from the academic year 2019-20. This is a formidable task set to us, because we are now not only required to maintain our current standard, but also to enhance it. However, I am confident that we will meet this challenge successfully, and go on to achieve much more over the years.
The College also engaged in several other prestigious activities, such as:
· The College applied for grant under RUSA (Rashtriya Uchchatam Shikha Abhiyan). All allied activities such as the digital launch on February 3, 2019, of the Entrepreneurship-Cell and Skill Hub Centre by Hon. Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi, were carried out. This event was attended by all the College Management Committee Members, along with Hon. Minister of State for Labour and Child Development, Women Development, Smt. Vidya Thakur, Municipal Corporator Hon. Shri. Deepak Thakur, and Hon. Shri. Jaiprakash Thakur, and other Stakeholders of the College such as Staff, Students, Parents and Alumni.
· We applied for NIRF for the first time this year.
· The College won ‘India’s Education Excellence Award, 2018’ for the West India Region, awarded by Berkshire Media LLC, USA.
· Proposals for grants under CPE and UGC were submitted.
Over 2018-19, the story of accomplishments, which it has been my privilege to recount every year during my tenure as Principal, continues. As always, the College has aimed not only at sustaining academic excellence, but also at achieving the all-round excellence of its Students. Students have won prestigious awards in co-curricular, cultural, sports and social service fields. Just a few examples will suffice here to prove that this is not an idle boast:
· Our Student, Ms. Janhavi Jitendra Bhandari (FYJC Science) competed against 2600 students who participated in the NASA competition held in India (NASA Ames Space Settlement Contest 2019). She stood IIIrd in 11th standard category all over the World and will visit Arlington, Virginia, USA on June 6, 2019 to present her work on ‘Space Settlement’ and attend the International Space Development Conference.
· Our Students participated in ‘Avishkar’, and won the bronze medal at the Zonal level.
· A special mention must be made of the Marathi one act play PAITHANI, which has won prizes at prestigious competitions all over Maharashtra, such as Lokankika (IIIrd prize in Mumbai round), Amar Hind Mandal (Ist prize), and Ahmednagar Mahakarandak (IInd prize). Prathamesh Pawar won prizes for Best Director, Writer and Set Designer, Dyanda Khot received Best Actor (female) prizes, Dipesh More received prizes for Music, and Mrunal Kanade, and Siddhant Dhuri, too, won prizes for acting. All the members of the cast performed with dedication to win competitions one after the other, winning 65 prizes in all.
· Our students did not lag behind in sports too. Manushree Patil (FYBCom) represented Maharashtra in 11Sport 80th Junior and Youth National TT Championship 2018 and won two golds and one bronze in the said competition. Mansi Kinny (FYBCom), Shriya Rumde (FYJC Arts) and Palak Mehta (FYJC Commerce) won Gold Medals and Trophies for their excellent performances in the IPOH City 16th International Karate Championship 2019.
This focus on the holistic development of its Students has always been the USP of the College and its Management. With the advent of Autonomy, the efforts of the Institution to continue in this endeavour will be stepped up. I appeal to all Stakeholders to work with us to make the transition into the Autonomous set-up a smooth process.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE