1. RUSA sponsored National Webinar “Emporio Summit”
Department of BMS, BBI and BAF under Emporio Summit organized RUSA sponsored National Webinar on 19 Aug 2023 on the topic “Role of AI in Financial Sector”. The resource person was Ms kamalika Poddar, Senior product Manager- Account Aggregator, CAMS –finserv- Chennai, TamilNadu. Total 250 student & other participants and 12 faculties attended the webinar. The Webinar aimed at helping the students in understanding their financial goals and also to guide the students with respect to role of Artificial intelligence in financial sector.
2. Guest lecture on “Emotional Intelligence”
The BMS Department organized a guest lecture on the topic “Emotional Intelligence” on 8th July 2023. Total 48 student participants and 2 faculties attended the seminar. Dr Sheela Dang a Psychologist, Sheela Dang Mental Health Care Centre OPC Pvt Ltd was the resource person.
The session aimed to provide strategies for problem-solving and promote personal growth through the understanding and management of emotions.
3. NSE visit
A NSE visit was planned for the T.Y.B.M.S (Finance specialization), T.Y. B.B.I , TY B.A.F and TY BAMMC students. Total 78 students and 3 faculties visited NSE. Mr.Karan Shah -Technical Analyst, NSE conducted the session. The session included introduction to Financial Markets and concepts, Introduction to Derivative Markets and also capital markets and their related terminology -Trading and strategies, Investment and Trading strategies, foundation of stock market investing, stock market for beginners, IPO, currency market trading strategies, basics future and option training, circuit filters.
1. The Department of Management Studies organized a Skit performing activity for the students of FYBMS div A and B together in the auditorium on 11 Sept 2023 in the auditorium. Two topics were provided to the two divisions.1) Gender sensitization and 2) Peer Pressure and Substance Abuse. Total 189 students participated in skit activity. There were 16 groups altogether who performed on these 2 topics and moral was conveyed to the audience
2. Image consultancy foundation programme seminar
The Department of Management Studies organised an Image consultancy foundation programme seminar on 11th Sept 2023 at 11 am to 12 noon. The session was based on certificate course of Image consultancy. This session was co-branded with Image consultancy Business Institute. Total 61 students attended this seminar. Mr Santosh Patil, from Image consultancy Business Centre was the speaker for this seminar.
3. Yuva Tourism Club orientation
The Department of Management Studies organized a webinar in association with Ministry of Tourism, Mumbai ,Government of India on 9th Sept 2023 for the students of all the Self Finance Departments for orientation and formation of Yuva Tourism Club(YTC). The Resource person Mrs Satarupa Datta focused on the growth of tourism in the Indian economy. There were 5 faculties and 65 students attended the webinar.
4. RUSA sponsored District level webinar on “Predictive Analysis in HR”
Department of Management Studies organized a RUSA sponsored District level webinar on “Predictive Analysis in HR” on 9th Sept 2023 on Google meet. There were two resource persons 1) Mr Milan Gohil, Deputy Vice President – HR Analytics– RBL, Bank- Lower Parel –Mumbai. 2)Mr Girish G Pednekar Vice President with RBL Bank Ltd. Heading Data Strategy for Bank,Data Warehouse / Analytics & Regulatory Reporting.
5. RUSA Sponsored a 5 days workshop on “Enhancing Employability benefits with Advance Excel”
Department of Bachelors of Management Studies organised, RUSA Sponsored a 5 days workshop on “Enhancing Employability benefits with Advance Excel” from 12 Sept to 16 Sept 2023 for 31 TYBMS students. The resource person for this learning initiative was Dr Mrunal Joshi. The Speaker shared valuable knowledge about the use of Microsoft Excel various concepts as well conducted online training practically.
Faculty Development Programme on “Effectiveness of Emotional Intelligence with Reference to Work Life Balance in an Organisation”
The Departments of BMS and BBI had organised a Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Effectiveness of Emotional Intelligence with Reference to Work Life Balance in an Organisation” for 60 Teaching Staff Members of the SF section.
The session started with exploring ways to advance personal emotional intelligence and recognising emotions in others, responding to those emotions to inspire high performance along with concepts on establishing productive workplace relationships and team environments.
This session enabled the Teachers to identify their own emotions and thoughts, to know their strengths and weaknesses, and to achieve self-confidence.
Three-days’ Workshop on “RISK MANAGEMENT”
Between September 29 and October 1, 2021, a three-days’ Workshop was organised jointly with the Department of BBI on the topic “Risk Management”. The resource person was Mr. Pranit Jain, Chartered Accountant, Financial Planning Academy. A total of 150 SY and TY Students attended the event.
Over three days, Mr. Jain discussed the types of risk involved in business and investment, how to manage those risks, and the steps involved in decision making.
The participants benefited greatly from the event.
Intercollegiate Webinar on “Leveraging Your Personal Brand Through Social Media”
On September 3, 2021, an intercollegiate webinar was organised on the topic “Leveraging Your Personal Brand Through Social Media”. The resource person was Ms. Jinal Shah, Asst. Prof., SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management. A total of 102 UG and PG Students attended the event.
Ms. Shah spoke on the importance of right social media and how it can be used to create opportunities and networks to showcase one’s profile, expertise, recommendations and connections. She stressed that social media profiles on sites such as LinkedIn should be used effectively to attract recruiters and to showcase one’s achievements.
The talk was followed by an interactive session.
RUSA-sponsored International Webinar on “Pioneering Ventures: New Age Entrepreneurship”
On April 10, 2021, the Departments of BMS, BAF and BBI jointly organized a RUSA Sponsored International Webinar under the auspices of EMPORIO SUMMIT, on “Pioneering Ventures: New Age Entrepreneurship” to enhance the spirit of entrepreneurship among youth. The speakers were Mr. Umesh Nihalani, Senior General Manager, VFS GLOBAL, DUBAI, and Ms. Shunaza Khan, Lecturer, London School of Commerce, London, UK.
As ventures or business ideas are generally perceived as risky and uncertain, the speakers provided guidance about scalable start-ups, social entrepreneurship, and how to succeed as entrepreneurs. Mr. Nihalani spoke on “Budding Entrepreneurs” and how to initiate ideas on entrepreneurship, and Ms. Khan spoke on “Effective Communication Skills Required for Entrepreneurs”, and also provided examples of several young entrepreneurs to illustrate her ideas.
The Webinar was attended by 296 Students, Academicians, and Faculty members from various colleges across India and abroad.
In the COVID 19-induced Lockdown, new methods of teaching-learning have to be formulated to ensure continued academic development. With this view, the Department of BMS organised the following online events:
• A three-day Student Development Programme (SDP) on “Tips to Crack Skype Interviews”was organised between June 8 and 10, 2020. The SDP was attended by 135 TY Students, and was conducted by Department Faculty Members Dr. Shital Patil, Mr. Aditya Parab and Dr. Vinaya Naik. Various topics such as writing résumés, written, oral, verbal and non-verbal communication, and netiquette were discussed.
• A four-day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Basics of Research Methodology — A Beginning Towards the Joy of Research” was organised between June 16 and 19, 2020. The FDP was organised under the concept of peer-to-peer learning, and was conducted by Department Faculty Members Dr. Shital Patil and Dr. Vinaya Naik for the Teaching Staff of the College. Over 4 days, topics such as introduction to the basic concepts of research, literature review and gap analysis, formulation of objectives and hypothesis, types of data collection, designing of questionnaires with the help of Google Forms, drafting research reports (papers) and publicationin reputable research journals, and plagiarismissues were discussed. The FDP was attended by 45 Faculty Members.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE